Monday 7 April 2014

Selecting our tiles at Lian Seng Hin

We met our ID at Lian Seng Hin in Balestier Road to select our tiles. We were served promptly by a friendly sales person who was very accommodating despite the store being quite crowded. Our ID seem to know everyone there so everything was handled smoothly and quickly too! We did not spend too long there as we already have some ideas of what kind of tiles we want.

Below are the tiles we have chosen:
Common & master bathroom wall tile

Common & master bathroom floor tile
Kitchen floor tile
We had a small issue at LSH as we were informed that we are unable to select the bathroom wall tile we wanted as it cost $3.40. In our contract it states that we can select any tile costing up to maximum of $2.80. Of course I was terribly upset as prior to signing the contract I did inform our ID on the type of tile I wanted for my bathroom wall and I even emailed him a picture of the wall tile. I would not have known that the tile I wanted cost more and it is unfair for me to select another tile as this is the only design i wanted since the beginning. Eventually our ID relented, much to our delight! We were happy with their flexibility.  

Advice to readers out there, best if you could negotiate with your ID to allow you to select tiles up to $3.40 so you will not face issue of having to top-up the cost of your tiles should you take a fancy to the higher range one. You will have much more choices :)

By the way we also selected our kitchen counter top and bathroom vanity top. We settled for solid surface as the price is less expensive than granite and quartz but yet it is low maintenance and looks just as good.

We selected Blizzard.
So far we have no problem maintaining our solid surface counter top...still looks as good as new! One regret though is I wished I had selected the solid surface with a bit of shiny specks (just for the glam look..lol).

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I like your toilet bowl.. where did you get yours? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello so sorry for the late reply as I did not check my account for a long time. I got it from Wasser Bath Balestier.

    ReplyDelete